Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Movies of My Life

It's easy to look at your life like it's some kind of yearbook. If you keep a journal or blog, you might find yourself cringing at your past attempts to express yourself. If you're a scrapbooker or a devout photo album maker (bless you), then you might also find yourself cringing at your past haircuts. I decided to take a look at my life through movies.






Movie that my pregnant mother was on the way to go see before her water broke and I was born:
Witches of Eastwick
 
My first memory of a non-animated movie:
The Poltergeist (Horrible memory.)

Inappropriate, R-rated movie I saw at a super young age that my parents woefully misjudged:
Desperado (Don’t worry, Dad, I don’t really remember it since you covered my eyes most of the time.)
 
Movies that I watched over and over again so many times that the VHS tapes broke:
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
 
First movie that I watched at a slumber party that ruined my enjoyment of slumber parties for the rest of my life:
The Shining
 
Scene from that movie that brought me to hysterical tears and forced my parents to come pick me up early:
“RED RUM! RED RUM! RED RUM!”
 
Movie my younger cousin and I watched 12 consecutive times over Christmas break that inspired us to try climbing walls and bending cutlery with our minds:
The Matrix

First movie I saw with a boy at a theater, like for a date but we didn’t call it a date because I would’ve gotten in trouble and I’m pretty sure my dad thought I was seeing it with some other girls:
The Bourne Identity
Movies that I pretended to enjoy during my film courses in college but have no desire to watch again because I thought they were kind of lame:
The Graduate
Blade Runner
2001: A Space Odyssey
War of the Worlds (1953)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
 
Movie genre that I pretend to like and enjoy:
Sci-Fi
 
Movie genre that I actually like and pretend not to enjoy:
Romantic comedy
 
Movies that I will watch on TV even though I just watched them last week and there are only 20 minutes left to watch by the time I’ve discovered it was on TV:
Any Harry Potter film
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Pitch Perfect
You’ve Got Mail
 
Movies that I have seen once but don’t intend on seeing again even though everyone else watches them very frequently and rather obsessively:
All Star Wars films
Les Miserables (2012)
 
Movies that I really, really hate and can’t believe that people enjoy:
Bridesmaids
Taken
Taken 2
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers
Little Fockers
Pretty much every Adam Sandler movie, but specifically, Big Daddy
 
Movies that I watch when I am feeling lonely and/or homesick:
Mr. Holland’s Opus
Father of the Bride (1991)
Pride and Prejudice (2005)

Movie that I pretended to watch in order to hang out with this guy (who is now my husband) because I told him it was for my film class, but it wasn't:
Fight Club
 
Movie that I have not watched in its entirety in spite of the 5 attempts to finish it wherein we didn’t even kiss so why didn’t we just watch it, ugh:
Fight Club
 
First legitimate movie that I saw with my then-boyfriend (who is now my husband):
Midnight premiere of The Dark Knight. We both fell asleep.
 
Movies that I want to see the midnight premieres of:
0
 
Movies I’ve fallen asleep while watching that my husband always teases me about:
The Avengers
The entire Lord of the Rings trilogy
 
Movie I can quote every single line of dialogue from:
Mean Girls
 
The only chick flick movie that my husband will tolerate watching with me:
The Devil Wears Prada
 
That one movie that my husband secretly enjoys watching with me because he thinks the character Miranda Priestly (Meryl Streep) is pretty badass:
The Devil Wears Prada
 
The movie that my husband will never watch again because I embarrassed him on the internet about it:
The Devil Wears Prada
 
Movies I’ve seen that I wish I could un-see and delete from my frame of reference because they’re kind of horrible but I’ll continue watching them, hell, I even own a few of them:
The Twilight series
Love Actually
She’s All That
 
The only movie that brings me to tears no matter how happy I’m feeling before I start watching it:
Marley and Me
                                                                                                                          
Movies I’ve never seen that people are always surprised to hear about:
Dirty Dancing
Blackhawk Down
Little Miss Sunshine
 
The last movie I saw in theaters:
Thor 2: More Abs Dark World
The last movie I watched at home:
Identity Thief

The last movie I purchased on DVD/Blu-Ray:
This Is The End

The next  movie I intend on watching:
Mandela

Just kidding, I'll probably see this movie next:
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

No comments:

Post a Comment